Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday's workout ... And we're off

Today, was the first day of getting back on track to being fit. Not to make excuses but here's what happened... I was scheduled to work today from 9-1 but ended up having to stay until 3:30p.m. I originally blocked out my time for my work out for 3p.m. I had to run a few errands after work and didn't get home until after 5:30. By that time I had to pump and then feed the kido. It was 8:30p.m. once everything started to settle down. I was determined to do my first day of the 30 Day Shred today... nothing was going to stop me.

Well, I work from 1pm to 7pm tomorrow night. That meant that I'd have to do my workout before work on my late days. I had planned to workout at 10am on my late days in and 3pm on my early days in. Well, because it was already so late in the evening I was concerned that my muscles would barely have 12 hours to recoup before I did the same routine all over again. I didn't think it was such a great idea but told myself oh well do it anyway. My husband suggested I wait until the end of the week to start, and I told him that I already committed myself to start working out tonight. Eventually, he explained and convinced me that I would be better off to wait to start my 30 Day Shred on Thursday. I have Friday through Sunday off and I would be able to get into a nice routine and start to get my body acclimated to the new workout. I agreed with his reasoning but still insisted that I work out this week even if it was not the 30 Day Shred.

So instead of Shred Day 1, I went for a short walk and then my husband worked with me on some self defense moves. I definitely broke a sweat and worked out for a good 40 mins. It's not what I intended to do today but I think it's waaay better than what I have been doing which is nothing.

Oh, as an early birthday present I bought myself a digital scale. My old one was thrown away when we moved and it was not digital. I hated reading that tiny needle over those silly lines. I weighed in during the middle of the day after lunch when I got home so it's not really the best starting weight time but it's something. I weighed in at 163lbs. Hopefully that will look better in the morning and of course over the next 30 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment